|COLONEL TRENT H. EDWARDS|
Colonel Trent H. Edwards is Commander, 42nd Air Base Wing, Maxwell-Gunter Air Force Base, Ala. He is responsible for providing all base operating support, infrastructure and services support for 25,000 active duty, Reserve, civilian and contractor personnel, students and families at Maxwell and Gunter Annex in direct support of Air University, the 908th Airlift Wing, Program Executive Office-Enterprise Information Systems and more than 40 other tenant units. As Maxwell's installation commander, he interacts with local officials across a three-county, 12-city region.
Colonel Edwards entered the Air Force in 1990 after graduating from North Carolina A&T State University. He has commanded two comptroller squadrons and a mission support group. He served in key Air Force and secretary of defense staff positions, such as aide-de-camp to the commander of Air Education and Training Command and senior military assistant to the under secretary of defense (comptroller). He has extensive congressional experience and was assigned to the Secretary of the Air Force Office of Legislative Liaison as the chief of congressional affairs and served as a national defense fellow to a member of Congress. He is a joint qualified officer.
Colonel Edwards has experience in combat and counterinsurgency operations, including deployments to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, as the chief of staff for the Office of the Administrative Review of Enemy Combatants; Balad, Iraq, as the CJ8 for the Combined Joint Special Operations Task Force; and Kabul, Afghanistan, as the CJ8, NATO Training Mission/Combined Security Transition Command Afghanistan.
1989 Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, North Carolina A&T State University
1994 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1995 Financial Management Staff Officer's Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
1996 Master's degree in Human Relations, University of Oklahoma
2002 Air Command and Staff College (seminar)
2002 Certificate of Legislative Studies, Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.
2002 National Defense Fellow, Washington, D.C.
2006 Air War College (correspondence)
2008 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2008 Program for Senior Executives in National Security, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
2010 Leadership Development Program, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, N.C.
2011 Air Force Forces Senior Officer Course, Air Force Expeditionary Warfare Center, Joint Base McGuire/Dix, N.J.
2012 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Darden School of Business, University of Virginia
1. July 1990 - June 1993, deputy accounting/finance officer, 401st Comptroller Squadron, Aviano Air Base, Italy
2. June 1993 - July 1994, chief, financial services, 8th Comptroller Squadron, Kunsan AB, Korea
3. July 1994 - July 1995, deputy commander, Regional Accounting/Finance Office, Osan AB, Korea
4. July 1995 - August 1996, 7th Air Force budget officer, 51st Fighter Wing, Osan AB, Korea
5. August 1996 - August 1998, chief, financial analysis, 18th Comptroller Squadron, Kadena AB, Japan
6. August 1998 - October 1998, chief, budget integration branch, Headquarters Air Education and Training Command, Randolph AFB, Texas
7. October 1998 - July 2000, aide-de-camp to the commander, HQ AETC, Randolph AFB, Texas
8. July 2000 - October 2001, chief, congressional affairs, Secretary of the Air Force Office of Legislative Liaison, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
9. October 2001 - October 2002, legislative fellow to Congressman J.C. Watts Jr., Washington, D.C.
10. October 2002 - January 2003, subject matter expert to the Financial Management Transformation Office, Secretary of the Air Force, Financial Management/Comptroller, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
11. February 2003 - June 2005, commander, 92nd Comptroller Squadron, Fairchild AFB, Wash.
12. July 2005 - June 2007, commander, 88th Comptroller Squadron, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
13. July 2007 - May 2008, student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
14. June 2008 - May 2009, senior military assistant, under secretary of defense (comptroller), Washington, D.C.
15. May 2009 - May 2010, director, programs and comptroller, CJ8, NATO Training Mission and Combined Security Transition Command, Kabul, Afghanistan
16. August 2010 - June 2012, commander, 28th Mission Support Group, Ellsworth AFB, S.D.
17. June 2012 - present, commander, 42nd Air Base Wing, Maxwell-Gunter Air Force Base, Ala.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. May 2004 - August 2004, chief of staff, Office of the Administrative Review of Enemy Combatants, Office of the Secretary of Defense
2. February 2006 - July 2006, CJ8 Combined Joint Special Operations Task Force, Combined Forces Special Operations Component Command
3. May 2008 - May 2009, senior military assistant, under secretary of Defense (Comptroller)
4. May 2009 - May 2010, director, Programs and Comptroller, CJ8, NATO Training Mission/Combined Security Transition Command-Afghanistan
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Defense Superior Service Medal
Bronze Star Medal with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with four devices
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award with one device
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
2003 Air Mobility Command Financial Analysis Office of the Year
2004 Air Mobility Command Comptroller of the Year
2004 Air Force Comptroller of the Year
2005 American Society of Military Comptrollers Meritorious Performance Award (Comptroller)
2007 Air Force Material Command Comptroller of the Year
2010 American Society of Military Comptrollers Distinguished Performance Award (Comptroller)
2010 Office of Secretary of Defense Comptroller Outstanding Innovation in a Combat Zone
2013 Air Education and Training Command General and Mrs. Jerome F. O'Malley Award
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Dec. 30, 1989
First Lieutenant Dec. 30, 1991
Captain Dec. 30, 1993
Major March 1, 2001
Lieutenant Colonel April 1, 2004
Colonel Oct. 1, 2008
(Current as of July 2012)