|COLONEL ANDREA D. TULLOS|
Colonel Andrea D. Tullos is Commander of the 42nd Air Base Wing, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala. She is responsible for providing all base operating support, infrastructure and services support for 42,000 active-duty, Reserve, civilian and contractor personnel, students and families at Maxwell and Gunter Annex in direct support of Air University, the 908th Airlift Wing, Air Force Space Command and Air Force Materiel Command units, the Defense Information Systems Agency and more than 40 other mission partners. As Maxwell's installation commander, she interacts with local officials across a three-county, 12-city region with an annual military economic impact of $1.2 billion.
Colonel Tullos has previously served as a staff officer at the combatant command, Joint Staff, Air Staff and major command levels, to include duties as the chief of Antiterrorism and Critical Infrastructure Protection Division, Operations Directorate, Headquarters, U.S. Pacific Command, Camp H.M. Smith, Hawaii, and as deputy division chief, Iraq Division, Strategic Plans and Policy Directorate on the joint staff. She has completed multiple squadron command tours, and a mission support group command at Offutt Air Force Base, Neb., supporting Air Combat Command's largest wing. Most recently, she served as chief of the Arabian Peninsula and Iraq Division, Strategic Plans and Policy Directorate (J-5) on the Joint Staff.
1991 Bachelor of Arts in Foreign Affairs, University of Virginia
1997 Master of Arts in Sociology, University of New Mexico
1998 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1999 Federal Bureau of Investigation National Academy, Session 198, Quantico, Va.
2004 National Defense Fellow, Office of the Foreign Policy Advisor to the Chief of Staff of the Air Force, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
2010 National War College, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
2010 Master of Arts in National Security Strategy, National Defense University
2012 Senior Leaders Executive Course, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, N.C.
1. February 1992 - July 1993, executive officer to the commander 45th Support Group, and wing protocol officer, 45th Space Wing, Patrick Air Force Base, Fla.
2. September 1993 - August 1996, flight commander, convoy commander, squadron section commander, 377th Security Forces Squadron, Kirtland Air Force Base, N.M.
3. September 1996 - December 1997, student, Air Force Institute of Technology, Civilian Education Program, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, N.M.
4. December 1997 - March 2000, chief of Current Operations Branch, Operations Division, Security Forces Directorate, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley Air Force Base, Va.
5. March 2000 - March 2001, operations officer, 386th Expeditionary Security Forces Squadron, Southwest Asia
6. April 2001 - July 2002, chief of Congressional Activities Branch, Directorate of Air and Space Operations, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
7. July 2002 - July 2003, aide-de-camp to the vice chief of staff, U.S. Air Force, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
8. July 2003 - May 2004, national defense fellow, Intermediate Developmental Education Fellowship, Office of the Foreign Policy Advisor, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
9. June 2004 - May 2005, commander, 568th Security Forces Squadron, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
10. May 2005 - June 2006, commander, 435th Security Forces Squadron, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
11. July 2006 - May 2008, deputy division chief and policy planner, Iraq Division, Strategic Plans and Policy Directorate, Joint Staff, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
12. June 2008 - June 2009, commander, 379th Expeditionary Security Forces Squadron, Southwest Asia
13. July 2009 - June 2010, student, National War College, National Defense University, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
14. June 2010 - July 2011, chief, Antiterrorism and Critical Infrastructure Protection Division, Operations Directorate, U.S. Pacific Command, Camp H.M. Smith, Hawaii.
15. July 2011 - July 2013, commander, 55th Mission Support Group, Offutt Air Force Base, Neb.
16. July 2013 - May 2014, chief, Arabian Peninsula and Iraq Division, Strategic Plans and Policy Directorate, Joint Staff, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
17. May 2014 - present, Commander, 42nd Air Base Wing, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
National Defense Service Medal
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
Officer Training School, Distinguished Graduate (1992)
Officer Training School, Dick Scobee Leadership Award (1992)
Air Force Materiel Command Lance P. Sijan Award Nominee (1996)
Term Member, Council on Foreign Relations (2003 - 2008)
Brig. Gen. Sardo Excellence in Writing Award, National War College (2010)
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant February 1992
First Lieutenant February 1994
Captain February 1996
Major October 2002
Lieutenant Colonel December 2006
Colonel October 2010