|COLONEL SUSAN B. SCHLACTER|
Colonel Susan B. Schlacter is currently serving as the Vice Commander, 42nd Air Base Wing, Maxwell-Gunter Air Force Base, Ala. As vice commander, she assists the wing commander with overseeing all functions on Maxwell AFB and Gunter Annex that directly support Air University, 908th Airlift Wing, 754th Electronic Systems Group, more than 30 tenant units and the 12,700 active duty, reserve, civilian and contractor personnel assigned.
Colonel Schlacter graduated from the United States Air Force Academy in 1990. Throughout her career, she has served in a variety of base- and headquarters-level manpower and personnel positions, to include deployments in support of Operation Northern Watch as the deputy C1 and chief of the personnel support for contingency operations, and Operation Iraqi Freedom as the Iraqi desk officer. Additionally, Colonel Schlacter commanded the 375th Mission Support Squadron. Prior to her current position, she was the assistant chief of staff for personnel and manpower, United States Forces Korea.
1990 - Bachelor of Science in Human Factors Engineering, United States Air Force Academy, Colo.
1994 - Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1994 - Master of Science in Human Resources Management and Development, Chapman University, CA
2004 - Master of Science in Military and Operational Art/Science, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2006 - Air War College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2009 - Master of Science in National Resource Strategy, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
1. August 1990 - August 1991, Chief, Personnel Assistance Section, Los Angeles Air Force Base, Calif.
2. August 1991 - March 1993, Chief, Personnel Programs Section, Los Angeles Air Force Base, Calif.
3. March 1993 - July 1994, Staff Officer, Plans and Requirements, Space and Missiles Systems Center, Los Angeles Air Force Base, Calif.
4. July 1994 - October 1995, Chief, Enlisted Promotions and Evaluations, Directorate of Manpower and Personnel, United States Strategic Command, Offutt Air Force Base, Neb.
5. October 1995 - March 1997, Chief, Officer Promotions and Special Programs, Directorate of Manpower and Personnel, United States Strategic Command, Offutt Air Force Base, Neb.
6. March 1997 - July 1998, Flight Commander, Military Personnel, 49th Mission Support Squadron, Holloman Air Force Base, N.M
7. July 1998 - May 1999, Executive Officer to the Commander, 49th Fighter Wing, Holloman Air Force Base, N.M
8. May 1999 - June 2000, Chief, Air Force Board for Correction of Military Records Appeals and Special Selection Board Section, Air Force Personnel Center, Randolph Air Force Base, Texas
9. June 2000 - December 2001, Recorder, USAF Selection Board Secretariat, Air Force Personnel Center, Randolph Air Force Base, Texas
10. December 2001 - August 2003, Senior Recorder, USAF Selection Board Secretariat, Air Force Personnel Center, Randolph Air Force Base, Texas
11. August 2003 - June 2004, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
12. June 2004 - September 2004, Chief, Military Programs Branch, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott Air Force Base, Ill.
13. September 2004 - March 2005, Deputy Chief, Personnel Force Management Division, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott Air Force Base, Ill.
14. March 2005 - July 2006, Chief, Director's Action Group, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott Air Force Base, Ill.
15. July 2006 - July 2008, Commander, 375th Mission Support Squadron, Scott Air Force Base, Ill.
16. July 2008 - July 2009, Student, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
17. July 2009 - June 2011, Assistant Chief of Staff for Personnel and Manpower, United States Forces Korea, Yongsan Army Garrison, South Korea
18. June 2011 - Present, Vice Commander, 42d Air Base Wing, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Defense Meritorious Service Medal Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal Joint Service Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Republic of Korea Order of National Security Merit, Samil Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant - May 1990
First Lieutenant - May 1992
Captain - May 1994
Major - July 2001
Lieutenant Colonel - May 2005
Colonel - September 2009
(Current as of 12 Aug. 11)