|CHIEF MASTER SERGEANT GARTH R. MEADE JR|
Chief Master Sgt. Garth R. Meade is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, 42nd Air Base Wing, Maxwell-Gunter Air Force Base, Ala. He is responsible to the 42nd Air
Base Wing commander for expeditionary readiness, professional development, effective utilization, and mission effectiveness of the base's enlisted Airmen. He directs all base enlisted recognition and professional development programs and advises the commander on all matters affecting the health, morale, welfare, discipline, and fitness of enlisted personnel. He provides guidance and expertise in enlisted force leadership to two group and seven squadron commanders as well as ten staff agency chiefs. He is responsible for the quality of life for more than 4,685 assigned military and civilian personnel on Maxwell-Gunter AFB.
Chief Meade grew up in Md. He started as an Airman in the Strategic Air Command (SAC) after joining the Air Force in January 1985. He has served within the Logistics community and was a First Sergeant for 11 years for 13 squadrons (three in deployed locations) within the Operations, Intelligence, and Mission Support Groups. Chief Meade has been operationally deployed to Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar and Kyrgyzstan and on several Noble Eagle Missions.
2011 Bachelor of Arts degree in History, Ashford University, Clinton, Iowa
2010 Command Chief Candidate Orientation Course, Lackland AFB, Texas
2010 Gettysburg Leadership Experience, Gettysburg, Pa.
2009 Chief Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2004 United States Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer Academy Training Center, Petaluma, Calif.
2003 Associate in Applied Science, Human Resource Management, Community College of the Air Force
2003 Associate in Applied Science, Logistics Management, Community College of the Air Force
2000 United States Air Force First Sergeant Academy, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1995 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Kapaun Air Station, Germany
1989 Noncommissioned Officer Leadership School, Lajes Field, Azores
1986 NCO Preparatory Course, K.I. Sawyer AFB, Mich.
1. Jan 1985 - Mar 1985, trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
2. Mar 1985 - May 1985, Inventory Mgmt Specialist, Technical School, Lowry Air Force Base, Colo.
3. April 1985 - Sep 1987, MICAP Controller, 410th Supply Squadron, K.I. Sawyer AFB, Mich.
4. Sep 1987 - Sep 1990, Stock Control Supervisor, 1605th Supply Squadron, Lajes Field, Azores, Portugal.
5. Sep 1990 -May 1994, NCOIC, Inventory Management 325th Supply Sq, Tyndall Air Force Base, Fla.
6. May 1994 - Jun 1997, NCOIC, Procedures and Analysis, Readiness &Training, 31st Supply Squadron, Aviano Air Base, Italy
7. Jun 1997 - Sep 1998, Superintendent Engine Management Branch, 33rd LSS, Eglin AFB, Fla.
8. Sep 1998 - Jan 2000, Flight Chief, Wing Support Flight, 33rd LSS, Eglin AFB, Fla.
9. Apr 2000 - Apr 2002, First Sergeant, 728th Air Control Squadron, Eglin AFB, Fla.
*Nov 2000 - Feb 2001, First Sergeant, (Deployed), 386 Expeditionary Air Control Sq
10. Apr 2002 - Jul 2002, First Sergeant, 31st Transportation Squadron, Aviano Air Base, Italy
11. Jul 2002 - Dec 2004, First Sergeant, 31st Logistics Readiness Squadron, Aviano Air Base, Italy
12. Jan 2005 - Jul 2007, First Sergeant, 31st Civil Engineer Squadron, Aviano Air Base, Italy
*May 2005- Sep 2005, First Sergeant, (Deployed), 379th Expeditionary Civil Engineer Sq
*Jan 2007 - May 2007 First Sergeant, (Deployed), 376 Expeditionary Civil Engineer Sq
13. Sep 2007 - Sep 2009, First Sergeant, 422 Air Base Group, Security Forces squadron, Communications
Squadron, Civil Engineer Squadron, Air Base Squadron, RAF Croughton, United Kingdom
14. Sep 2009 - August 2011, First Sergeant, 692d ISR Group & 324 Intelligence Squadron, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii
15. Sep 2011 - Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 42d Air Base Wing, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with six oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Combat Readiness Medal
National Defense Service Medal with one service star
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Southwest Asia Service Medal with one campaign star
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Armed Forces Service Medal
Kuwait Liberation Medal, Government of Kuwait
1993 325th Training Wing Professional Provider of the Year, Tyndall AFB, Florida
1995 Distinguished Graduate, Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Kapaun Air Station, Germany
1998 33rd Fighter Wing Specialist of the Year, Eglin AFB, Fla.
2001 First Sergeant of the Year, 33rd Fighter Wing, Eglin AFB, Fla.
2001 First Sergeant of the Year for Team Eglin, Eglin AFB, Fla.
2004 Distinguished Graduate "Spirit of the Chief Award" U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer Academy
2007 First Sergeant of the Year, 501st Combat Support Wing, RAF Alconbury, UK
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant Jun 1, 2009
(Current as of October 2011)