|COLONEL TRENT H. EDWARDS|
Colonel Trent H. Edwards is commander of the 42d Air Base Wing, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala. He is responsible for providing all base operating support, infrastructure, and services support for 42,000 active-duty, reserve, civilian, and contractor personnel, students and families at Maxwell and Gunter Annex in direct support of Air University, the 908th Airlift Wing, Business and Enterprise System and more than 40 other tenant units. As Maxwell's installation commander, he interacts with local officials across a three-county, 12-city region with a military economic impact of $2.6 billion annually.
Edwards entered the Air Force in 1990 after graduating from North Carolina A&T State University. He has commanded two Comptroller Squadrons and a Mission Support Group. He served in key Air Force and Secretary of Defense staff positions such as Aide de Camp to the Commander Air Education and Training Command and Senior Military Assistant to the Under Secretary of Defense Comptroller. He has extensive congressional experience and was assigned to the Secretary of the Air Force Office of Legislative Liaison, as the Chief of Congressional Affairs and served as a National Defense Fellow to a member of congress. He is a joint qualified officer.
Edwards has experience in combat and counterinsurgency operations, including deployments to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba as the Chief of Staff for the Office of the Administrative Review of Enemy Combatants; Balad, Iraq as the CJ8 for the Combined Joint Special Operations Task Force and Kabul, Afghanistan as the CJ8, NATO Training Mission/Combined Security Transition Command - Afghanistan.
1989 Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration, North Carolina A&T State University.
1994 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1995 Financial Management Staff Officer's Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas.
1996 Master's degree in Human Relations, University of Oklahoma.
2002 Air Command and Staff College, by seminar.
2002 Certificate of Legislative Studies, Georgetown University, Washington, DC.
2002 National Defense Fellow, Washington, DC.
2006 Air War College, by correspondence.
2008 Master's Degree in National Security Studies, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2008 Program for Senior Executives in National Security, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
2010 Leadership Development Program, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, N.C.
2011 Air Force Forces Senior Officer Course, Air Force Expeditionary Warfare Center, Jt Base McGuire/Dix
2012 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Darden School of Business, University of Virginia.
1. Jul 1990 - Jun 1993, Deputy Accounting/Finance Officer, 401st Comptroller Squadron, Aviano, Italy.
2. Jun 1993 - Jul 1994, Chief Financial Services, 8th Comptroller Squadron, Kunsan AFB, Korea.
3. Jul 1994 - Jul 1995, Deputy Commander, Regional Accounting/Finance Office, Osan AFB, Korea.
4. Jul 1995 - Aug 1996, 7th Air Force Budget Officer, 51st Fighter Wing, Osan AFB, Korea.
5. Aug 1996 - Aug 1998, Chief, Financial Analysis, 18th Comptroller Squadron, Kadena AB, Japan.
6. Aug 1998 - Oct 1998, Chief, Budget Integration Branch, HQ AETC, Randolph AFB, Texas.
7. Oct 1998 - Jul 2000, Aide to Commander, AETC (General Lloyd "Fig" Newton), Randolph AFB, Texas.
8. Jul 2000 - Oct 2001, Chief, Congressional Affairs, Secretary of the Air Force, Legislative Liaison,
Pentagon, Washington D.C.
9. Oct 2001 - Oct 2002, Legislative Fellow to Congressman J.C. Watts Jr., Washington, D.C.
10. Oct 2002 - Jan 2003, Subject Matter Expert to the Financial Management Transformation Office,
Secretary of the Air Force, Financial Management/Comptroller, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
11. Feb 2003 - Jun 2005, Commander, 92d Comptroller Squadron, Fairchild AFB, WA.
12. Jul 2005 - Jun 2007, Commander, 88th Comptroller Squadron, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio.
13. Jul 2007 - May 2008, Student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
14. Jun 2008 - May 2009, Senior Military Assistant Under Secretary of Defense (Comptroller),
15. May 2009 - May 2010, Director, Programs and Comptroller, CJ8, NATO Training Mission and Combined Security Transition Command, Kabul, Afghanistan.
16. Aug 2010 - Jun 2012, Commander, 28th Mission Support Group, Ellsworth AFB, S.D.
17. Jun 2012 - Present, Commander, 42d Air Base Wing, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. May 2004 - Aug 2004, Chief of Staff, Office of the Administrative Review of Enemy Combatants, Office of the Secretary of Defense as a Lieutenant Colonel
2. Feb 2006 - Jul 2006, CJ8 Combined Joint Special Operations Task Force, Combined Forces Special Operations Component Command as a Lieutenant Colonel
3. May 2008 - May 2009, Senior Military Assistant, Under Secretary of Defense (Comptroller) as a Colonel
4. May 2009 - May 2010, Director Programs and Comptroller, CJ8, NATO Training Mission/Combined Security Transition Command-Afghanistan as a Colonel
Legislative and Administrative Constraints--Breaking Down the Barriers to Effectiveness and Efficiency: The Air Force Comptroller Magazine, April 2003
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit
Bronze Star Medal with one device
Meritorious Service Medal with five devices
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with one device
Air Force Achievement Medal
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with four devices
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award with one device
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Armed Forces Services Medal
2003 Air Mobility Command Financial Analysis Office of the Year
2004 Air Mobility Command Comptroller of the Year
2004 Air Force Comptroller of the Year
2005 American Society of Military Comptrollers Meritorious Performance Award (Comptroller)
2007 Air Force Materiel Command Comptroller of the Year
2010 American Society of Military Comptrollers Distinguished Performance Award (Comptroller)
2010 Office of Secretary of Defense Comptroller Outstanding Innovation in a Combat Zone
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant December 30, 1989
First Lieutenant December 30, 1991
Captain December 30, 1993
Major March 1, 2001
Lieutenant Colonel April 1, 2004
Colonel Oct 1, 2008
(Current as of July 2012)