|CHIEF MASTER SERGEANT TIMOTHY HORN|
Chief Master Sergeant Timothy Horn is the Command Chief Master Sergeant for Air University, Maxwell Air Force Base, Alabama. Air University provides the full spectrum of Air Force education, graduating 50,000 resident and 120,000 non-resident officers, enlisted, and civilian personnel each year from commissioning programs to the highest levels of professional military education. In his role as Command Chief, he serves as the advisor to the commander on matters affecting the professional development, education, health, welfare, morale and employment of enlisted members assigned to over 1,300 locations around the world. The Chief leads in the development and education of the Air Force's enlisted corps across their entire career.
Chief Horn entered the Air Force in 1989. He began his career as a data processing center operator and has held numerous jobs within the cyber and communications functional area over the years to include computer security and network operations. Chief Horn also worked in a total force role as a technical advisor to an Air National Guard Combat Communications unit in Portland, Oregon. As a Staff Sergeant, he was selected as an Airman Leadership School instructor at Patrick AFB. In 2006, he returned to PME as the Chief of Force Development and PME Manager for USAFE. He has deployed both in his role as a communications operator as well as a Command Chief Master Sergeant. Before assuming his current position, he served as the Chief, Enlisted Developmental Education, Joint Base Andrews, Maryland.
1993 Airman Leadership School, Patrick AFB, Fla.
1993 Associate Degree in Information Systems Management, Community College of the Air Force
1994 Associate Degree in Instructor in Technology, Community College of the Air Force
1999 Distinguished graduate, Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Kapaun Air Station, Germany
2001 Bachelors of Arts degree in English Literature, Rollins College, Melbourne Campus, Fla.
2004 Distinguished graduate, Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell-Gunter Annex AFB, Ala.
2006 Chief's Leadership Course, Maxwell-Gunter Annex AFB, Ala.
2008 Leadership Development Program, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, N.C.
2009 Air Force Smart Operations for the 21st Century Executive Course, University of Tennessee
2009 Gettysburg Leadership Experience, Gettysburg College, Gettysburg, Penn.
2010 Masters Degree in Information Systems (MIS), University of Phoenix, Phoenix, Ari.
2011 Enterprise Management Seminar, Darden Business School, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Va.
2012 Keystone Command Sr Enlisted Leadership Course, National Defense University, Washington, D.C.
2013 Enterprise Perspective Seminar, Washington, D.C.
2015 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
1. September 1989 - February 1991, 390th Communications Squadron, Offutt AFB, Neb.
2. February 1991 - July 1993, 6933rd Electronic Security Squadron, Howard AFB, Panama
3. July 1993 - November 1996, 45th Mission Support Squadron, Patrick AFB, Fla.
4. November 1996 - June 2001, 52nd Communications Squadron, Spangdahlem Air Base, Germany
5. June 2001 - August 2003, 272nd Combat Communications Squadron, Portland ANG Base, Ore.
6. August 2003 - June 2006, 5th Combat Communications Group, Robins AFB, Ga.
7. June 2006 - June 2007, Headquarters USAFE Personnel Directorate, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
8. June 2007 - March 2009, Superintendent, Bravo Flight, 1st Combat Comm Sq, Ramstein AB, Germany
9. March 2009 - July 2010, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 22nd Air Refueling Wg, McConnell AFB, Kan.
10. July 2010 - July 2011, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 380th Air Expeditionary Wing, Southwest Asia
11. July 2011 - May 2013, Chief, Enlisted Developmental Education, HAF/A1DLE, Joint Base Andrews, Md
12. May 2013 - Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Al
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Bronze Star Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Army Commendation Medal
Oregon National Guard Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Airman Leadership School, John Levitow and Military Citizenship Awards
Kisling NCO Academy, Commandant's Award and Distinguished Graduate
Senior NCO Academy, CMSAF McCoy Academic Award and Distinguished Graduate
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant August 2007
(Current as of Sep 2014)