|COLONEL MARK J. RAMSEY|
Colonel Mark J. Ramsey is the vice commander of the 42nd Air Base Wing, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala. As vice commander, he assists the wing commander with overseeing all functions on Maxwell and Gunter Annex that directly support Air University, 908th Airlift Wing, Business and Enterprise System and more than 40 other tenant units and the 12,700 active duty, Reserve, civilian and contractor personnel assigned.
Ramsey entered the Air Force in 1990 through Air Force ROTC at the University of Vermont. He has served at the squadron, group, wing, major command and air staff levels and has participated in numerous contingency and combat operations worldwide. Ramsey is a master navigator with more than 2,600 flying hours.
1990 Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Geography, University of Vermont
1996 Squadron Officer School (non-resident program)
1998 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1999 Master of Aeronautical Science in Aeronautics, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
2001 Air Command and Staff College (non-resident program)
2003 Master of Science in Military and Operational Art/Science, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB,Ala.
2005 Air War College (non-resident program)
2011 Master of Science in Strategic Studies, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. October 1990 - January 1992, student, Specialized Undergraduate Navigator Training, 450th and 453rd Flying Training Squadrons, Mather AFB, Calif.
2. January 1992 - October 1992, MC-130E/H student EWO, 8th Special Operations Squadron, 1st Special Operations Wing, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
3. October 1992 - August 1994, assistant chief of training, 15th Special Operations Squadron, 16th Special Operations Wing, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
4. August 1994 - August 1997, MC-130H evaluator EWO, flight commander, 7th Special Operations Squadron, 352rd Special Operations Group, Royal Air Force Mildenhall, England
5. August 1997 - August 1999, headquarters intern (Commando Spotlight), Air Force Special Operations Command, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
6. August 1999 - July 2002, evaluator EWO, chief of flight safety, 353rd Special Operations Group, Kadena Air Base, Japan
7. July 2002 - June 2003, student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
8. June 2003 - April 2006, chief, SOF Programs and Resources, Special Operations Division, A3, Air Staff, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
9. July 2006 - April 2008, operations officer, 58th Operations Support Squadron, 58th Special Operations Wing, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
10. May 2008 - July 2010, commander, 37th Student Squadron, Air and Space Basic Course, Squadron Officer College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
11. July 2010 - May 2011, student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
12. May 2011 - June 2013, commander, Education Support Squadron, and director of staff, Spaatz Center for Officer Education, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
13. June 2013 - present, Vice Commander, 42nd Air Base Wing, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
Rating: Master Navigator
Flight hours: More than 2,600 hours
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
1997 Mackay Trophy
Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with Valor device with one oak leaf cluster
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with two oak leaf clusters
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTIONS
Second Lieutenant July 22, 1990
First Lieutenant July 22, 1992
Captain July 22, 1994
Major Sept. 1, 2001
Lieutenant Colonel March 1, 2006
Colonel Aug. 1, 2011
(Current as of June 2013)