|CHIEF MASTER SGT. HARRY HUTCHINSON|
Chief Master Sergeant Hutchinson is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, 42nd Air Base Wing, Maxwell Air Force Base-Gunter Annex, Ala. He is responsible to the 42nd Air Base Wing Commander for expeditionary readiness, professional development, effective utilization, and mission effectiveness of the base's enlisted Airmen. He directs all base enlisted recognition and professional development programs and advises the commander on all matters affecting the health, morale, welfare, discipline, and fitness of enlisted personnel. He provides guidance and expertise in enlisted force leadership to two group and seven squadron commanders as well as ten staff agency chiefs. He is responsible for the quality of life for more than 4,685 assigned military and civilian personnel on Maxwell AFB-Gunter Annex.
CMSgt Hutchinson entered the Air Force in 1987. His assignments took him to bases in Washington State, Korea, Maryland, Japan, Nevada and South Dakota. He has multiple deployments spanning Iraq, the United Arab Emirates, a Civil Vulnerabilities Assessments Team to Bangladesh and Afghanistan. He served a 10-month-tour during Operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm as well as tours supporting Operation Northern Watch and Iraqi Freedom. In addition, he worked for the Army as superintendent of Red Horse sites in Iraq and Afghanistan. Most recently, he was the superintendent of the 732nd Expeditionary Prime BEEF Squadron in direct support to Iraq's Theatre Engineer Brigade during the U.S transition into Operation New Dawn. Chief Hutchinson recently returned from serving a deployment as the Air Force senior enlisted leader for the 449th Air Expeditionary Group in Djibouti, Africa.
1990 Noncommissioned Officer Preparatory Course, McChord AB, Wash.
1997 Tyndall Noncommissioned Officer Academy, McGuire AFB, N.J.
2002 Associates Applied Science degree, Construction Trades Technology, Community College of the Air Force
2004 Air Force First Sergeant Academy Additional Duty Symposium
2005 Civil Engineer Senior Management Course
2006 USAF Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB-Gunter Annex, Ala.
2009 Chiefs Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB- Gunter Annex, Ala.
2012 Associates Degree in Management Studies, University of Maryland University College
2012 Certificate in Management, University of Maryland University College
2013 Bachelor's of Science in Management, University of Maryland University College
1. Sep 1987 - Nov 1987 trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
2. Jan 1988 - Nov 1992 metal fabrication specialist, 62nd Civil Engineer Squadron, McChord AFB, Wash.
3. Nov 1992 - Nov 1993 structural specialist, 51st Civil Engineer Squadron, Osan Air Base, Korea
4. Dec 1994 - Aug 1995 structural journeyman, 89th Civil Engineer Squadron, Andrews AFB, Md.
5. Aug1995 - Aug 1996 facility manager, 89th Airlift Wing, Andrews AFB, Md.
6. Aug 1996 - May 1998 NCOIC vertical repair, 89th Civil Engineer Squadron, Andrews AFB, Md.
7. May 1998 - Feb 1999 NCOIC, self-help store, 89th Civil Engineer Squadron, Andrews AFB, Md.
8. Feb 1999 - Jan 2001 NCOIC vertical repair, 18th Civil Engineer Squadron, Kadena AFB, Japan
9. Jan 2001 - Jan 2002 Group Fleet Manager, 18th Civil Engineer Group, Kadena AFB, Japan
10. July 2002 - Jan 2003 Superintendent planning section, 18th Civil Engineer Squadron, Kadena AB, Japan
11. July 2003 - Jun 2004 Superintendent vertical heavy repair, 18th Civil Engineer Squadron, Kadena AB
12. Jun 2004 - May 2005 Squadron Superintendent, 18th Civil Engineer Squadron, Kadena AB, Japan
13. May 2005 - May 2007 Section Chief, heavy repair, 374th Civil Engineer Squadron, Yokota AB, Japan
14. May 2007- Sep 2008 Operations Flight Chief, 374th Civil Engineer Squadron, Yokota AB, Japan
15. Sep 2008 - May 2009 Readiness Flight Superintendent, 99th Civil Engineer Squadron, Nellis AFB, Nev.
16. May 2009 - May 2011 Chief Enlisted Manager, 99th Civil Engineer Squadron, Nellis AFB, Nevada
17. May 2011 - Mar 2012 Chief Enlisted Manager, 28th Civil Engineer Squadron, Ellsworth AFB, S.D.
18. Mar 2012 - Jun 2013 Superintendent, 28th Mission Support Group, Ellsworth AFB, S.D.
19. Oct 2012 - April 2013 Senior Enlisted Advisor, 449th Air Expeditionary Group, Djibouti, Africa
20. Jun 2013 - Present Command Chief Master Sgt., 42nd Air Base Wing, Maxwell AFB/Gunter Annex, Ala.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Bronze Star Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with silver oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Meritorious Unit Award with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Recognition Ribbon
2004 18th Civil Engineer Group Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Quarter
2006 374th Air Wing Civil Engineer Larry R. Daniels Mil Superintendent Award
2006 374th Civil Engineer Sq Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
2007 374th Airlift Wing and Team Yokota SNCO of the Quarter
2008 DOD CINC Installation Excellence Award "Special Recognition"
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant 01 Aug 2009
(Current as of July 2013)