AIR UNIVERSITY COMMAND CENTER OPERATIONS: AFSO21|
Printable Fact Sheet
To establish a continuous process improvement (CPI) environment whereby all Airmen are actively eliminating waste and continuously improving processes.
To provide the methods and means to continually improve and eliminate waste across Air University's full spectrum of Air Force education, training, and development. A CPI operating style enables AU to support air and space power at the highest levels. This is achieved by integrating Air Force Smart Operations for the 21st Century (AFSO21) concepts into Air Force Professional Military Education, implementing a CPI program for AU, providing CPI consulting services to AU organizations, and developing and managing a Web-enabled Air Force-wide CPI Resource Center.
About Air University AFSO21
- Empowers Airmen to eliminate waste from the Air Force's end-to-end processes. Efficiently and effectively delivers war-fighting capabilities today and tomorrow.
- Leverages various improvement methods such as Lean, Six Sigma, Theory of Constraints, and Business Process Reengineering. The Air Force is not alone in its quest for this Department of Defense-mandated CPI program; the U.S. Army and U.S. Navy also have CPI programs that focus on lean process improvement.
- Aligns an innovative Air Force with a world class CPI culture to create a standardized, disciplined approach that is applicable across organizational, functional, and capability boundaries, with the ultimate objective of improving the Air Force's combat capability. The program applies anywhere there is a process - any process can be improved.
- Facilitates CPI initiatives through working with AU schools to execute AFSO21 education programs, maintains a list of trained AFSO21 instructors for AFSO21 facilitator training and certification, and provides a highly trained cadre of AFSO21 level 1 and level 2 certified facilitators for problem solving events at AU.
- Works with the Secretary of the Air Force AFSO21 office to develop and maintain standardized AFSO21 training course material for use Air Force wide.
Maxwell AFB, AL 36112-6335
Phone: (334) 953-1819
Fax: (344) 953-2082