AIR UNIVERSITY LAW CENTER|
Printable Fact Sheet
To serve as essential wingmen for airpower's greatest minds.
Selectively manned Judge Advocate General office responsible to the commander, Air University. Supports AU/Command Section and all subordinate commanders in the exercise of military justice authority in enforcement and maintenance of military discipline.
About Air University Law Center
- Advises, counsels, and educates AU commanders, staff and students in matters of the law.
- Supervises command-wide administration of military justice, civil law, and claims programs as well as advises clients on all aspects of military justice, adverse actions, operations law, civil law, environmental law, contract law, legal assistance, ethics-related issues and other areas of state and federal law.
- Provides legal reviews of proposed actions as requested by command and staff agencies, many of which are unique to a major university setting.
- Advises, counsels, and educates subordinate legal offices regarding current policies, application of directives, and changes in the law and assists them with specialized legal or other support needed.
- Advises Air Education and Training Command/Judge Advocate of AU legal issues and advocates and litigates to preserve Air Force prerogatives.
- Advises AU commander and his staff, including five general officers and 125 colonels, eight AU schools and colleges, eight NCO academies nationwide, 144 senior and 869 junior Reserve Officer Training Corps detachments nationwide, Civil Air Patrol-U.S. Air Force and Maxwell's 42nd Air Base Wing.
55 LeMay Plaza South, Bldg 800
Maxwell AFB, AL 36112-6334
Phone: (334) 953-6429
FAX: (334) 953-2787