AIR UNIVERSITY PLANS AND PROGRAMS|
Printable Fact Sheet
To develop plans and programs for Air University (AU), the intellectual and leadership center of the Air Force
To provide AU management of planning, programming, requirements, acquisition, manpower and organization, and analytical studies for accessions, education, training, and wartime mission/installation support activities to meet the future needs of our nation's air, space and cyberspace power.
About Air University Plans and Programs
- Serves as the focal point for all AU policy and programming issues.
- Charged with strategic planning, matters relating to United States Air Force pre-commissioning, professional military and professional continuing education, graduate and undergraduate education, citizenship programs, enlisted technical education, and military construction facility programs.
- Serves as the Major Command three-letter focal point Air Education and Training Command (AETC)/EDX for all issues relating to the planning, programming, and operations of AU.
- Responsible for programming efforts related to the Department of Defense Planning, Programming, and Budgeting System. Develops, justifies, and defends the AU Program Objective Memorandum submission, including all AETC education requirements, through the AU and AETC corporate structure.
- Ensures AU compliance with the chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff program for joint education.
HQ AU A 5/8
55 LeMay Plaza South
Maxwell AFB, AL 36112-6335
Phone: (334) 953-5156
Fax: (334) 953-4148