42nd Medical Group unveils code of conduct|
Posted 11/24/2010 Updated 11/24/2010
by Chief Master Sgt. Mark J. Brandt
42nd Medical Group superintendent
11/24/2010 - MAXWELL AIR FORCE BASE, Ala. -- The 42nd Medical Group, in coordination with the Air University Process Improvement Office, developed an organizational code of conduct to anchor the organization as it continues to improve its customer service.
The MDG Code of Conduct was unveiled last week at a MDG Commander's Call.
"This is a great initiative for our organization as it provides a framework to ensure we create an atmosphere conducive to excellent health care and outstanding customer service," said Col. Diana Atwell, the 42nd MDG commander.
The code of conduct concept focuses on core behaviors unique to the organization that, when conducted in unison, ensures positive effects for staff members and customers.
A team comprised of young officers, junior enlisted and civilians worked to ensure a code was produced that would stand the test of time and could be utilized by all staff members regardless of rank, affiliation or position.
Dr. Phillip Chansler, director of the AU Process Improvement Office, summarized the code of conduct.
"The beauty of the code of conduct is that no matter what sort of process improvement is implemented, all will be done with the customer in mind, whether the customers are patients seeking care or other medical staff members conducting their mission," he said. "The code of conduct gives specific ways members of the 42nd MDG can execute the Air Force Core Values: Integrity first, service before self and excellence in all we do."
The 42nd MDG Code of Conduct is as follows:
· I will treat this clinic like my home and every customer as my guest;
· I will present myself in a manner that promotes trust and confidence;
· I will take responsibility for my words and actions;
· I will take pride in my appearance and strive to leave a positive impression;
· I will be trained, willing and able to meet mission requirements;
· I will accept all challenges and promote the growth of my organization;
· I will mentor and empower my fellow Airmen;
· I will care for and facilitate the development of all newcomers;
· I will create an environment that supports teamwork, respect and compassion;
· I will abide by this Code of Conduct while on or off duty.