Freedom of Information
42nd Air Base Wing
Join the Air Force
Keeping parties safe
Keeping parties safe
Posted 12/14/2012 Updated 12/14/2012
by Capt. John Noah
42nd Medical Group
MAXWELL AIR FORCE BASE, Al
-- As the holidays approach, the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention and Treatment Program encourages everyone to keep safe party practices in mind.
Those hosting a holiday party should:
· Offer your guests non-alcoholic drinks and nutritious foods.
· Monitor your guests' drinking by serving measured, standard drinks.
· Stop serving alcohol at least one hour before your party ends.
· Never serve alcohol to an intoxicated guest. Instead, offer non-alcoholic drinks, keeping in mind nothing can "sober up" a person immediately.
· Offering an intoxicated individual coffee or a cold shower will only make them more alert, not sober.
· Do not allow alcohol to become the focus of your celebration.
Those attending a party should:
· Bring your host a non-alcoholic gift everyone can enjoy.
· Take care to drink responsibly and DO NOT drive.
· As always, assign a designated driver at every holiday event you choose to attend.
If for some reason you are unable to procure a designated driver, call a taxi. Identification cardholders can call 953-AADD (2233) to get a ride from Airmen Against Drunk Driving.
You should not attempt to drive home, even after "just a few drinks."
No comments yet.
Add a comment
Inside Maxwell AFB
View All RSS
Social Media Dashboard
Maxwell celebrates National Disability Employment Awareness Month
Maxwell spreads awareness with Pink, Purple Luncheon
AU cyber professor lectures in Azerbaijan
Air University hires first chief information officer
Maxwell kicks off 2015 Combined Federal Campaign
Maxwell, University of Miami provide mindfulness training to military spouses
Maxwell Airmen lead, inspire during rocket launch
Air University celebrates the life of Dr. James Mowbray
Maxwell honors POWs, MIAs with Wreath Ceremony
Air University releases Strategic Plan 2015
AETC website undergoing extreme makeover
Laughlin Air Force Club member wins truck
Living legend receives ROTC Distinguished Alumni award
Commentary – NCOs echo through eternity
D-models return to flight after longeron repair
Pillars of resiliency: spiritual resilience
Top cop visits Luke
The Official Web Site of Maxwell Air Force Base
Security and Privacy notice
No FEAR Act