Freedom of Information
42nd Air Base Wing
Join the Air Force
Keeping parties safe
Keeping parties safe
Posted 12/14/2012 Updated 12/14/2012
by Capt. John Noah
42nd Medical Group
MAXWELL AIR FORCE BASE, Al
-- As the holidays approach, the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention and Treatment Program encourages everyone to keep safe party practices in mind.
Those hosting a holiday party should:
· Offer your guests non-alcoholic drinks and nutritious foods.
· Monitor your guests' drinking by serving measured, standard drinks.
· Stop serving alcohol at least one hour before your party ends.
· Never serve alcohol to an intoxicated guest. Instead, offer non-alcoholic drinks, keeping in mind nothing can "sober up" a person immediately.
· Offering an intoxicated individual coffee or a cold shower will only make them more alert, not sober.
· Do not allow alcohol to become the focus of your celebration.
Those attending a party should:
· Bring your host a non-alcoholic gift everyone can enjoy.
· Take care to drink responsibly and DO NOT drive.
· As always, assign a designated driver at every holiday event you choose to attend.
If for some reason you are unable to procure a designated driver, call a taxi. Identification cardholders can call 953-AADD (2233) to get a ride from Airmen Against Drunk Driving.
You should not attempt to drive home, even after "just a few drinks."
No comments yet.
Add a comment
Inside Maxwell AFB
View All RSS
Social Media Dashboard
Center rebuilds senior NCO DL course, academy curriculum
LEAP application window opens
Learning from CAOS
Youth of the Year Celebrates Win after Loss
Carlson named AFROTC distinguished alumnus
SOS 5K run honors fallen AF captain
AWC instructor’s son throws no-hitter
Airmen recognize cultures, differences
CCAF graduates 350,000th student
SAPR down-day focuses on perpetrator ID, helping victims
Lackland's Wilford Hall embraces innovation to enhance patient health care
Barnes Center rebuilds senior NCO DL course, academy curriculum
Training in hyper realism
Veterans in Blue: Serving Country and Community
Existing tools help users reduce PII breaches
F-35 returns to limited flight, officials rule out Farnborough
President Obama thanks deployed Lackland Airmen
The Official Web Site of Maxwell Air Force Base
Security and Privacy notice
No FEAR Act