Freedom of Information
42nd Air Base Wing
Join the Air Force
Keeping parties safe
Keeping parties safe
Posted 12/14/2012 Updated 12/14/2012
by Capt. John Noah
42nd Medical Group
MAXWELL AIR FORCE BASE, Al
-- As the holidays approach, the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention and Treatment Program encourages everyone to keep safe party practices in mind.
Those hosting a holiday party should:
· Offer your guests non-alcoholic drinks and nutritious foods.
· Monitor your guests' drinking by serving measured, standard drinks.
· Stop serving alcohol at least one hour before your party ends.
· Never serve alcohol to an intoxicated guest. Instead, offer non-alcoholic drinks, keeping in mind nothing can "sober up" a person immediately.
· Offering an intoxicated individual coffee or a cold shower will only make them more alert, not sober.
· Do not allow alcohol to become the focus of your celebration.
Those attending a party should:
· Bring your host a non-alcoholic gift everyone can enjoy.
· Take care to drink responsibly and DO NOT drive.
· As always, assign a designated driver at every holiday event you choose to attend.
If for some reason you are unable to procure a designated driver, call a taxi. Identification cardholders can call 953-AADD (2233) to get a ride from Airmen Against Drunk Driving.
You should not attempt to drive home, even after "just a few drinks."
No comments yet.
Add a comment
Inside Maxwell AFB
View All RSS
Social Media Dashboard
Air University BOV meets, members receive awards
Jolly Santa reads to youths at library
Youths treat security forces, firefighters
Summit focuses on sexual assault ‘eradication’
Acting SecAF visit to Maxwell
Expeditionary course tests officer candidates
Murphy leaves legacy, begins new chapter
MEMS robots claim grand championship
Michael Young graces Maxwell
Library launches new loan service
Memory Lane: Randolph assumed B-29 combat aircrew training role
Wounded warriors weigh in
Altus named Air Force finalist for Installation Excellence Award
AETC commander visits Luke
Senior Airman keeps AFRS servers purring
Line officer accessions impacted by personnel policy changes
AETC program manager hits 15,000-mile target
The Official Web Site of Maxwell Air Force Base
Security and Privacy notice
Sexual Assault Awareness & Prevention