MAXWELL AIR FORCE BASE, Ala. --
The Maxwell-Gunter installation commander has directed Health Protection Condition (HPCON) Bravo in response to COVID-19. In addition to all HPCON Alpha actions, HPCON Bravo includes the following actions:
- Strict Hygiene (No handshaking, wipe common-use items)
- If exposed, self-isolate (Wear mask or remain home)
- Avoid contaminated water/food or risk area
- Communicate personal risk and symptoms
HPCON B measures are mandatory for all Maxwell-Gunter service members and are highly encouraged for DoD civilian and contractor employees, and family members. These measures are required to ensure the continued health and safety for our community.
The president declared a national state of emergency on March 13, followed by a state declaration of emergency by the Alabama governor on the same day, and a local state of emergency declared March 14 by the mayor of Montgomery. Alabama now has six confirmed cases of COVID-19, with one being an employee at Maxwell-Gunter.
“Everyone’s health is of primary concern,” said Col. Patrick Carley, 42nd Air Base Wing commander. “We have upgraded the HPCON level to help mitigate the spread of the coronavirus. We all must do our part to take care of ourselves, our families and our fellow Airmen.”
Everyone should remain informed regarding the symptoms of COVID-19 (see links below) and immediately contact the 42nd Medical Group appointment line at (334) 953-3368 (during duty hours) or the Nurse Advise Line, 1-800-874-2273, if you develop symptoms, have been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19 or have recently traveled from an affected area.
- COVID-19: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/summary.html
- Department of State Travel Advisories: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories.html/
- CDC Health Travel Notices: https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/
- 42nd Medical Group Face Book: https://www.facebook.com/42MDG
- Maxwell website: https://maxwell.af.mil/RESOURCES/COVID-19