MAXWELL AIR FORCE BASE, Ala. --
In compliance with recent Department of Defense guidance, Maxwell Air Force Base and Gunter Annex will implement 100 percent ID checks effective April 20, 2020.
Only those with valid entry credentials will be permitted on the installation and all visitors must obtain a visitor pass before entering the installation. This also means the “trusted traveler” system will no longer be permitted, meaning all passengers of the vehicle will need to display credentials as well.
The action is made to ensure accurate tracking of all persons on the installation, along with limiting unknown external exposure on base.
“The safety of our installation community is our utmost priority,” said Col. Patrick Carley, 42nd Air Base Wing commander. “By moving to 100 percent ID checks for base entry, we are protecting our base population by limiting potential external exposure of COVID-19 on our installation.”
Below is the list of base entry credentials that will be accepted:
- DoD Common Access Card
- DD Form 2, United States Uniformed Services Identification Card (Retired)
- DD Form 2765, Department of Defense/Uniformed Services Identification and Privilege Card
- DD Form 1173, Uniformed Services Identification and Privilege Card.
- DD Form 1173-1, Department of Defense Guard and Reserve Dependent Identification Card
- Civilian Retiree Card
- Federal Personal Identity Verification (PIV) card. (Once Official purpose is established)
- Veteran’s Health Identification Card (VHIC)
- Locally issued Defense Biometrics Identification System (DBIDS) Card (DAC)/pass
- Real ID compliant credential registered in DBIDS
- Air Force (AF) Form 75 or AF Form 75A, Visitor/Vehicle Pass. (issued at Maxwell)
- Federal, State, Local, and Tribal law enforcement officers/agents law enforcement credentials while conducting active law enforcement operations/investigations or responding to emergencies on the installation.
- FBI and USSS Agent law enforcement credentials
- AFOSI agent law enforcement credentials
If you do not have one of the above base entry credentials, and require base access, please visit the Maxwell-Gunter AFB Visitor Center located outside the Maxwell Boulevard Gate with your sponsor.
For all base updates, visit https://www.maxwell.af.mil/ and follow Maxwell on social media at https://www.facebook.com/MaxwellAFB