HomeNewsPhotos

Photos

First Permanent Building late 1920’s
In 1926, Maxwell Field received $250,000 in federal funds, through the efforts of US Congressman Joseph Lister Hill, for 13 permanent NCO houses (bottom of picture) and a two-story barracks (top of picture), built between 1927 and 1928. The War Department constructed two additional barracks in 1931 and 1934 in the same architectural style as the one constructed in 1928. (U.S. Air Force photo)

Download Image: Full Size (1.09 MB)
Tags: Max100
Photo by: Air University History Office |  VIRIN: 180208-F-ZZ999-1007.JPG