Retiree Activities Office
Published August 02, 2010
Building 804, 50 LeMay Plaza South
The mission of the Retiree Activities Office (RAO) is to provide information helpful to retirees of all services.
As the base level component of the Air Force Retiree Council, the RAO operates under Air Force Instruction 36-3106. It is supported by the 42nd Air Base Wing, providing a liaison between the active duty units at Maxwell-Gunter and the retiree communities of all branches of the armed forces.
The RAO is continually recruiting dedicated personnel with a military background who may wish to join our staff of those who are "Still Serving."
For more information about retiree activities, contact the RAO at (334) 953-6725 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
A Retiree Activities Office is established at all major U.S. Air Force installations around the world. In the AF, all offices are staffed by volunteers. Our challenge has been and still continues to be finding and sustaining a staff of enthusiastic and dedicated volunteers to avail themselves of their knowledge to serve the community.
Reporting a Retiree Death
Surviving family members of retired Air Force personnel residing in the United States may report the death of a member, and receive personal assistance in applying for eligible benefits on their behalf by contacting:
- The Casualty Assistance Representative (CAR) at the nearest Air Force Base Military Personnel Flight, Customer Service
- Maxwell's Casualty Assistance Representative is (334) 953-5048.
- Headquarters, Air Force Personnel Center toll-free at 1-877-353-6807. This system will connect your phone call directly to the CAR that will assist you. Voice mail is available after duty hours. Family members leaving a message will be called back the next duty day
- DFAS-Cleveland using their toll-free number 1-800-269-5170
Please have the following information available when making notification:
- Retiree's full name, grade, Social Security number, date of retirement
- Date and place (city and state) of death
- Cause (layman's terms) of death name, relationship, phone number and address of the next of kin
- Date and place of funeral, if known (General officers only)